A complete line based on coconut, a wide range of quality products with an advantageous price, a precious ingredient that will become an exceptional ally in the kitchen! The coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera), defined by the inhabitants of the islands of the peaceful "tree of life" for the varied use of all its parts and exceptional properties. With a sweet and fragrant taste, coconut oil is a delicious vegetable alternative to butter. It is used for frying, for the preparation of desserts, and for exotic recipes. This product is cold pressed, i.e. obtained without overheating the coconut pulp or the press before pressure and without adding heat during the extraction process, this preserves its nutritional and organoleptic characteristics. It is solid at room temperature and becomes liquid above 26° C.
*Virgin coconut oil. *organic
Store in a cool, dry place.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Once opened, store in the fridge and consume within 3 months
Ingredients: Coconut (51.99%), Sugar (48%), Preservative E223 (0.01%)
Delicious and nutritious, dehydrated coconut is a snack that comes directly from the coconut, preserving all its nourishing properties.
Coconut is a fruit of Cos nucifera (Family: Arecaceae), the famous coconut palm. This powerful plant is typical of the countries of the tropical belt with a warm-temperate climate. It is still cultivated in Thailand, Mexico and Brazil. The fruits of this plant are oval and voluminous drupes, weighing 0.5 -1.5 kilos each.
Its outer part is green in color that turns brown as it ripens. It is a woody and very hard part. Under the shell, edible white meat.
The inner part in fact consists of a white pulp with a pleasant, sweet and delicate taste, containing coconut milk. Coconut milk is very beneficial for skin care especially for dry and dry skin. On the skin it is frequently applied in the form of crede or ointments, giving many emollient and soothing properties.
Considering the benefits of these fruits, it can be said that it is rich in saturated fats that are completely harmless. They contain triglycerides, absorbed differently by the body and transformed into ketone bodies. This can have therapeutic effects on brain disorders.
Italia Spezie offers dehydrated coconut in small cubes or delicious slices, ready to be munched. This fruit is an important source of selenium, copper, manganese and potassium for our body.
Compared to fresh fruit, dehydrated fruit loses water and concentrates fiber, sugars and minerals, thus becoming a nutritious, satiating and not excessively caloric snack.
Among the different benefits:
- Coconut is rich in dietary fiber , offering almost 61%. Coconut fiber slows down the release of glucose and transports it to the cell where it is converted into energy.
- Controls diabetes by positively influencing hormones for blood sugar control. This slows down the rise in blood sugar and helps reduce glycemic cravings. Coconut promotes rapid digestion and other symptoms associated with digestive and intestinal disorders.
- Taking coconut oil can help the body raise resistance to viruses and disease-causing bacteria. Coconut in its raw form can help treat some of the most serious and resilient diseases such as throat infections, bronchitis, urinary tract infections...
- Coconut as a snack helps to increase energy by burning fat. The triglycerides found in coconut oil increase energy expenditures by 24%, leading to weight loss in the long run. It is also known to reduce hunger pangs. and people who constantly use coconut products have a greater ability to give up eating for several hours without the effects of hypoglycemia.
Its oil is obtained from the almond of the fruit and is used in different ways.
Coconut oil, when used on the skin, prevents dryness and cracking and keeps it hydrated and elastic. It also supports the skin and works to repair the damage it has acquired over time. It relieves a common skin condition called neurosis, which is characterized by dry, rough, flaky skin.
Coconut oil is excellent for keeping your skin young and beautiful. Its antioxidant property slows down the aging process by protecting the body from harmful free radicals. Massage a few drops of coconut oil every day to keep it healthy and smooth.
In the kitchen
Dehydrated coconut finds its greatest field of application in sweets.
The recipes that can be prepared with this ingredient are varied, starting from the preparation of coconut biscuits, then passing through the most famous coconut cakes, puddings, yogurt, chocolate balls and of course ice cream, now inevitable in ice cream parlors throughout Italy.
- - Combine it with dark chocolate for the most classic of combinations;
- - Try it with chicken for an oriental note;
- - Add it to your fruit cake;
- - Create your own mignon sweets and insert the surprise filling;
- - Propose it as an after dinner in combination with rum.
It is also perfect to be used in ethnic recipes, such as Indian ones, which often use coconut in combination with meat and fish.